Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Shoden Course will introduce you to the basics of Eastern Reiki and is the foundation on which you need to build on for the next levels.
Benefits of the system of Reiki
Reiki healing can take place on a physical, mental, emotional or spiritual level. Each of these levels will be affected by working energetically with Reiki. A change in one level will affect the functioning of another level. In this sense it can be understood how the system of Reiki is holistic. Sometimes the changes may be subtle and yet major shifts are also known to occur.
Physically the body will respond where there is pain or illness. Mentally and emotionally, calm and quiet can be restored to our lives leaving us feeling balanced. Once we feel calm our sense of spiritual connection and purpose in life is returned. From this energized place we begin to feel physically strong and the cycle continues.
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Course contains the teachings of Reiki from a Japanese perspective, a branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho which focuses on spiritual and personal development.
Usui Reiki Ryoho is a non-westernised form of Reiki which means returning to the very source of the teachings. It has been practised in Japan since the early 1900s, long before the system came to the West. This particular method includes physical and energy enhancing techniques to help practitioners delve deeper into their practice. The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and regular Western Reiki courses is that the initiation process, course information and techniques taught stem directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms of the system of Reiki. The focus is on spirituality and personal development.
This Level I foundation course, known as Shoden, meaning ‘first teachings’ or ‘beginner teachings’ in Japanese, has a short Eastern lineage and introduces you to Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. You will also be introduced to the five elements of the system of Reiki, philosophical precepts, breathing techniques and meditations, hands-on healing and performing treatments for the self and others. You will receive Reiju, a spiritual blessing, or attunement from your Reiki master Teacher.
During the course we:
- Introduce and explain the five elements that make up the complete system of Reiki including:
- Reiki Precepts for developing spiritual and mental focus and poetry (Waka) which was written or created (Gyosei) by the Meiji Emporor that ruled at that time
- Techniques and meditations
- Hands-on healing
- Four mantras (Jumon) and symbols (Shirushi); three at Level 2 Okuden and one at Level 3 Shinpiden
- Examine the history of the system of Reiki, the life of its founder, Usui Mikao and his teachings and practice.
- Give four Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or ‘attunement’ from one’s teacher). These Reiju and/or attunements provide a powerful clearing of the energy channels so you strengthen, cleanse and balance your energy system and prepare to be as pure a channel of Reiki energy.
- Practice Hands-on healing (Tenohira) for performing treatments for self and others.
- Introduce authentic and original traditional Japanese Reiki techniques as taught within the Shoden Level 2 teachings within Usui Reiki Ryoho, including: Kenyoku Ho (dry bathing technique or brushing off technique), Joshin Kokyo Ho (focusing the mind on one thing with breath), Seishin Toitsu (creating a unified mind or mental concentration), Shuchu Reiki (concentrated spiritual energy).
CPPD points: 10
Prerequisite: Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our Virtual Learning Environment. This theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery therefore they can be delivered online. You will be fully supported by your Reiki Master Teacher who’s role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end and help you reach your goals.
Duration: This course can be completed in a minimum of 2 days, on average it takes 6 weeks to complete the theory elements.
Course Delivery: Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our Virtual Learning Environment. This theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery therefore they can be delivered online. You will be fully supported by your Reiki Master Teacher who’s role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end and help you reach your goals.
Practical elements are brought to life at our centre which enhances the learning experience. Therefore Complusory Interactive Treatment room sessions will be accessed by attending sessions at our centre over a period of 2 days or 2 hours per week, evenings or weekends for 6 weeks with one of our Reiki Master Teachers Joanne Lee and Cindy Vernon.
Case studies: There is no case study requrement for this course.
Virtual Learning Resource: Upon enrolment you will be able to login and access your course content. Simply progress through each section, lecture and quiz.
Minimum System Requirement: As this course is delivered via our online Virtual Learning Resource there are some minimum system requirements including:
- Laptop, PC or MAC
- Broadband internet connectionnimum Software Requirements
- Browsers IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Word (or equivalent)
Upon completion of both practical and theory elements an Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Certificate of Achievement will be awarded.
Progression: On completion of this course you may choose to undertake further study; courses you could progress to include:
Here's what our learners and graduates are saying our Reiki courses!
Begin your journey of self discovery, train for a new career or expand your current skill set, enroll on our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Course today.
Your Reiki Master Teacher