About This Course
"Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Okuden Practitioner Course is an essential progression for those learners who would like to continue training for a career in Reiki or who would like to continue their journey of self discovery and self healing.."
There are three levels to the system of Reiki:
- Shoden Level 1 which teaches how to practise healing the self and the basics about helping others. At this level you are heading out on the path to self-discovery, this is just the beginning.
- Okuden Level 2 is where students learn three mantras and three symbols that aid in focusing the energy. At this level you discover your hidden inner qualities such as your Earth, Heaven and Heart energy. There is the opportunity to develop a professional treatment practice from these teachings.
- Shinpiden Level 3 focuses on personal development and teaches you how to perform attunements. At this level you move into discovering more about the mysteries of life, how you relate to yourself and the universe. This can be practiced for the rest of your life and is always a personal practice which can develop into a professional teaching practice if you so desire.
Our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Practitioner Course contains the teachings of Reiki from a Japanese perspective, a branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho which focuses on spiritual and personal development.
Usui Reiki Ryoho is a non-westernised form of Reiki which means returning to the very source of the teachings. It has been practised in Japan since the early 1900s, long before the system came to the West. This particular method includes physical and energy enhancing techniques to help practitioners delve deeper into their practice. The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho courses and regular Western Reiki courses is that the initiation process, course information and techniques taught stem directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms of the system of Reiki. The focus is on spirituality and personal development.
This Level 2 Practitioner course, known as Okuden, meaning ‘hidden teachings’ or ‘inner teachings’ in Japanese, has a short Eastern lineage and introduces you to Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. You will also be introduced to the five elements of the system of Reiki, philosophical precepts, breathing techniques and meditations, hands-on healing and performing treatments for the self and others. You will receive Reiju, a spiritual blessing, or attunement from your Reiki master Teacher.
During the course we:
- Review the five elements of traditional Japanese Reiki practise: Gokai (Philosophical Precepts) for developing spiritual and mental focus.
- Continue to emphasise on development of the spiritual and mental connection using the Five Precepts; Kokyu Ho (breathing techniques and meditation), Tenohira (hands-on healing, the physical practice on the self continues. Working on others for the purpose of healing takes on a professional aspect.
- Examine how to work professionally as a Professional Practitioner.
- Give three Reiju (receiving a spiritual blessing, or ‘attunement’ from one’s teacher). These Reiju and/or attunements take the student’s energetic connection a step further.
- Introduce the Fifth Element: Jumon (mantras) and Shirushi (symbols). Three of the four mantras and symbols are taught, along with their descriptions and uses. The symbols are a unique and powerful aspect of the Okuden teachings.
- Introduce authentic and original traditional Japanese Reiki techniques as taught within the Okuden Level II teachings within the Usui Reiki Ryoho, including: Hatsurei Ho (a method for generating greater amounts of spiritual energy and strengthening one’s Reiki), Enkaku Chiryo Ho (remote/distance healing method), Byosen Reikan Ho (sensing energetic imbalances before illness with the hands using sacred intuition) and Reiji Ho (a method of being guided by spirit).
CPPD points: 10
Prerequisite: You should have a caring disposition, have completed our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 1 Shoden Foundation Course and be committed to fulfilling both Practical and Theory Elements. You must attend our centre for the Practical Elements and work through the Theory Elements, taking part in online discussions, assessments and reviews with your tutor via our Virtual Learning Environment. Practical elements may be of mixed sex and learners will be required to work on each other.
Duration: This course can be completed in a minimum of 2 days, on average it takes 3 weeks to complete the theory elements.
Course Delivery: Theory elements are covered online in your own home, in your own time and at your own pace via self study using our Virtual Learning Environment. This theory elements are perfectly suited to online delivery therefore they can be delivered and learning assessed online. You will be fully supported by your course tutor who’s role it is to help and guide you through the process from beginning to end. Both your tutor and assessor will ensure that you not only reach your goals but maintain industry and awarding body standards.
Practical elements are brought to life in a treatment room environment which enhances the learning experience. Therefore Complusory Interactive Treatment room sessions will be accessed by attending sessions at our centre over a period of 2 days or 2 hours per week, evenings or weekends for 6 weeks with one of our Reiki Master Teachers Joanne Lee and Cindy Vernon.
Case studies: There is no case study requrement for this course.
Virtual Learning Resource: Upon enrolment you will be able to login and access your course content. Simply progress through each section, lecture and quiz.
Minimum System Requirement: As this course is delivered via our online Virtual Learning Resource there are some minimum system requirements including:
- Laptop, PC or MAC
- Broadband internet connectionnimum Software Requirements
- Browsers IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari or Chrome
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Word (or equivalent)
Upon completion of both practical and theory elements a Full Spectrum Centre Limited Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Certificate of Achievement will be awarded.
Progression: On completion of this course you may choose to undertake further study; courses you could progress to include:
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 3 Master Teacher Course
What do I do now?
"Continue your journey of self discovery, train for a new career or expand your current skill set, enroll on our Usui Reiki Ryoho Level 2 Practitioner Course today."
Joanne Lee is a highly qualified and experienced Complementary Therapist, Reiki Master Teacher, Tutor and VTCT Assessor, specialising in holistic health, well-being, relaxation, vibrational therapy, massage therapy, fertility, pregnancy and stress management, with over 18 years’ experience in the field.
It all started with a migraine and a Reiki treatment from a friend which lead to formal training in Reiki and Swedish Massage. Reflexology and Indian Head Massage quickly followed and she continued to add to her skillset. Joanne began to work with clients struggling with chronic illness and stress, especially work-related stress using complementary therapies.
Joanne set up her own therapy business from her conservatory at home to begin with, moving to bigger business premises in 2007. Joanne then embarked on a journey to be come a tutor and assessor enabling her to deliver professional vocational qualifications and CPD training. Fast forward to today and her business has evolved into The Full Spectrum Centre Limited, an award winning centre for excellence in education, training, development, holistic health and well-being.
Throughout her career she has continued to develop herself professionally, obtaining many certificates in training on various advanced massage skills, Eastern Reiki teachings and Vibrational Therapies including Crystal, Colour and Sound Therapy. She is also a meditation facilitator and Reiki Master Teacher.
Joanne is is devoted to providing our learners with the very best service whilst upholding VTCT and industry standards. She is also honoured to be part of Maureen's mission to exclude no one from receiving treatment and is very much looking forward to delivering the practical elements of the Oncology Massage Course.